I had some more fun with the dye pot this week!
This time its corriedale cross and I was shooting for Gryffindor house colors (crimson and gold) For the most part I got what I intended. I didn't single layer it in a baking dish, instead this time I did it in my dye pot. I'm delighted that I didn't get big splotchy spots, however I did end up with non dyed spots in the section that was closest to the bottom of the pot (the inner part of the spiral in the picture).
What did I learn from this? Not to dye 8oz of roving at a time, no matter how big the dye pot is. Its not un-usable though! As I spin, I'll alternate sections of the roving, so that I can more uniformly incorporate all of it.
And I seem to be in a knitting funk. I haven't touched the flower basket shawl, and although I started a pair of socks, I'm really not enjoying them. Instead I've been working on some custom shorts for a HSY customer, and patterning the little girls swing top to go with it. Think summer swing style tank top with lace/picot edge...its dreamy in my head and on paper. Just waiting for the yarn I custom ordered for it to come in to Mission Rose before I can cast it on.
Now I'm off to pajamify four children, get them in the 'settle down' phase of the night, and before too long I'll be sitting at my wheel for a while.
Have a great weekend y'all!